Jason E. Garcia
Silicon Valley Office
Jason E. Garcia’s practice is focused on trademark counseling, clearance, prosecution, portfolio management and enforcement, both in the U.S. and worldwide. Mr. Garcia is a former examining attorney at United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO).
Mr. Garcia has extensive experience advising clients on selection, use, and protection of trademarks and brands, which also extends to copyrights, licensing, domain name disputes, advertising, unfair business practices, compliance programs, and negotiating various agreements involving intellectual property. Mr. Garcia’s experience encompasses a wide variety of industries, including consumer electronics, retail and online marketplaces, automotive parts, food and beverages, wine and spirits, clothing, financial services, and internet based services.
Mr. Garcia’s professional experience includes working at international law firms and serving as in house counsel for Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Garcia began his legal career at the USPTO as an examining attorney where he received specialized training in U.S. trademark law and prosecution. While at the USPTO, Mr. Garcia examined thousands of trademark applications and submitted trademark appeal briefs on behalf of the USPTO to the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- U.S. District Court of Northern California
- U.S. District Court of Central California
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- The American University, J.D.
- Universidad de Chile & Universidad Diego Portales, Summer Law Program in Comparative Law and International Trade
- The University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.
- Alameda County and Contra Costa County Bar Associations
- Contra Costa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
- Sonoma Intellectual Property & Technology Law Section
- International Trademark Association